- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes into chips. Put into an ovenproof dish and pour over the oil, lemon juice, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, tossing every now and then to crispen.
- Toast the bread and blend in a food processor and process to make breadcrumbs.
- Put the breadcrumbs on a plate, the flour on a second plate and whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Coat the cod filets in the flour first, then the eggs, and the breadcrumbs third. Then place on an oven tray and bake alongwith the potatoes for 20 minutes until everything is golden.
- Meanwhile make the pea puré. Cook the peas in boiling water for two minutes, drain and mash the peas together with finely chopped garlic, mint and creme fraiche.
- Serve fish and chips with the pea purée, lemon wedges and garnish with mint.