Norwegian Cod koftas with sumac yoghurt and pickled cucumber
Who ever said fish is boring? Certainly not us. Fresh herbs, garlic, chili and yoghurt-dressing is just some of the ingredients you will find in this recipe. Try these delicious koftas made with Norwegian cod next time you feel adventurous in the kitchen!
- Trim the ends of the cucumber and cut it into slices.
- Toss the cucumber with the salt in a colander and leave for 15 minutes over a bowl. With clean hands, squeeze out any excess water with and pat dry with a clean tea towel.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl, stir in the cucumber and leave to one side.
- Make the Sumac yoghurt by mixing the ingredients together and serve in a bowl with extra Sumac sprinkled over to decorate.
Norwegian cod koftas
- Remove skin if needed and cut the cod into chunks.
- Finely chop garlic and grate the ginger. Roughly chop dill, coriander and parsley leaves.
- Using a food processor roughly chop the fish then add all the other ingredients and pulse to combine, do not over process the mixture. Wet your hands in cold water and make 12-14 equal size balls, adding a few more breadcrumbs if the mixture is too wet, then put in the fridge on a large plate for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Fry the koftas over a medium to high heat for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve the koftas with the Sumac yoghurt, pittas, pickled cucumber, crunchy vegetables or salad and mango chutney.