- Add salmon in boiling water for 1 minute, and then directly into ice water for rapid cooling.
- Gently dry, cut the salmon into thin slices and place on a serving plate.
- Mix the liquid ingredients for the sauce.
- Finely chop the onion, celery and pickles and add along with capers to the sauce.
- Serve the salmon with a little sauce poured over and the rest in a bowl. Garnish with lettuce.
Tip: Mirin can be bought at International stores, and sake at a liquor store. But if you can not get hold of mirin or sake, you can use the same amount of white wine.