- Heat the butter in a large lidded pan. Dice the shallots, and add to the pan with finely chopped chili and lemon grass, peeled and grated galangal or ginger and lime leaves and cook, covered very gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and cook for a minute before stirring in the stock. Cover and cook on a low heat for 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave the pan covered for 10 minutes to allow the rice to finish cooking. Stir in the coconut cream and leave to cool.
- Whilst the rice cools, preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas mark 6. Place the salmon on a lightly oiled foil square, spread over the Thai curry paste, fold up the sides into a parcel and place on a baking tray in the oven for 10 minutes until partially cooked. Remove from the oven.
- Layer the filo sheets, brushing them with olive oil as you go, into a large rectangle long enough for the salmon to sit on top with 5cm at either end and wide enough to be able to bring the sides up to completely cover the salmon and its filling.
- Spoon half the rice down the middle, top with the salmon side and then the remaining rice. Bring the sides up to form a parcel ensuring you seal the ingredients inside.
- Brush all over with olive oil, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and bake for 25 minutes until golden. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.